Friday, December 13, 2013

Are you a "person of substance"?

Maybe because it is the New Year I have been thinking a lot lately about the people in my life and whether I would classify some of them as a “person of substance”.  I’m not saying that everyone in my life should be “a person of substance”.  There are many different kinds of relationships.   However time is very precious and I don’t want to devote a great deal of time or energy to people who do not have “substance”.   I became very bitter about friendships during my husband’s terminal illness and after he died. (I write about those experiences in my book.)  I don’t want to repeat those experiences.

What does it mean to be a “person of substance”

 The first question is “Are you a person that important people in your life can count on when they really need something especially when “helping” is not an easy or convenient thing for you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment